Saturday, May 17, 2003

A one-sided browser brawl...

With the recent release of v74, Safari is quickly becoming the Mac OS X web browser. The latest update fixed that little teensy-weensy SSL problem that could sorta blow the security protocols, and it added support for online banking.

But now it's time for a little trip down memory lane. Remember Chimera?... Alright, I'm being a bit too nostalgic, I'll stop. ...Anyway, few people have had reason to use the browser now known as Camino since Apple officially added tabbed browsing to Safari in v73.

Now the Mozilla project has something new to offer: Firebird (formerly known as Phoenix). I took it for a two second test spin and can officially say that Firebird doesn't even meet up to Camino, let alone Safari v74.

So I guess the real question is why I bothered posting this at all. Well, let's just say it was a slow rumor week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home