Thursday, February 06, 2003

I like the iLife!... mostly

Despite the fact that I have been raving about the absolute greatness of iMovie 3, it's time for a reality check. I had a big problem with iMovie recently, and I view it as worth sharing.

It was really quite simple (and yet so aggravating), when I exported a completed five-minute home movie to iDVD, iMovie told me it needed to render two clips that I had reversed. I clicked okay, and went on my merry way designing a DVD. I soon realized that the reversed clips were un-reversed, although the transition parts were not. On top of that, when I went into iMovie to figure out what happened, I discovered that clicking on either clip crashed iMovie. Fun!
I finally discovered a way to restore the clips, and reverse them again, without causing any pesky crashes. Once again, I exported to iDVD, but this time I didn't let it render the reverse clips, and nothing went wrong. (yipee!)

If you find yourself having this problem, don't hesitate to hit the "Contact" link at the top of the page and email me. I'll be happy to give a detailed solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home